[Fuuk-ext-l] Invitation to Seminar of Institute of Physics, MFF UK, on Tue 21.12. from 14:00, speaker Mgr. Miroslav Hopjan, Ph.D.

Jaroslav Hamrle hamrle na karlov.mff.cuni.cz
Pondělí Prosinec 20 12:47:15 CET 2021

Dear colleagues,

it is my pleasure to invite you to Seminar of Institute of Physics of
Charles University, entitled:

*Characterization of delocalization-localization transitions from full
density distributions*

Speaker: Mgr. Miroslav Hopjan, Ph.D. (1,2)

^1 /Institut f//ü//r Theoretische Physik, Georg-August-Universitat
G//ö//ttingen, G//ö//ttingen, Germany/

^2 /currently: D//epartment of Theoretical Physics, J. Stefan
Institute,//Ljubljana, Slovenia/

Time:  Tuesday 21.12.2021 from 14:00

Place: Seminar room of Institute of Physics F285 (atelier) , second
floor, Ke Karlovu 5, Prague

Abstract:

Characterizing the delocalization-localization transition in closed
interacting quantum systems with a many-body localized (MBL) phase is a
key open question in the field of nonequilibrium physics. Typical
experiments, designed to detect the many-body
delocalization-localization transition, measure the dynamical properties
of such systems [1]. However, much work has been done to provide
evidence of the transition in the structure of many-body eigenstates.
One of such evidences for MBL is localization of the eigenstates in the
Fock space [2].

In our recent work [4], we exploit the fact that localization of
particles as realized in Anderson localization and standard many-body
localization implies Fock-space localization in the Fock space of states
characterized by a real-space index. Using a recently introduced
quantitative measure for Fock-space localization computed from the
density distributions, the occupation distance [3], we systematically
study its scaling behavior across delocalization-localization
transitions [4]. We contrast results for the MBL phase to a standard
Anderson-localized phase and we point out their differences which are
consistent with different mechanisms for the transitions.

[1] Lukin et al. Science 364, 256 (2019), Choi et al, Science 352, 1547
(2016)
[2] S. Bera, H. Schomerus, F. Heidrich-Meisner, and J. H. Bardarson, PRL
115, 046603 (2015)
[3] M. Hopjan and F. Heidrich-Meisner, PRA 101, 063617 (2020)
[4] M. Hopjan, G. Orso and F. Heidrich-Meisner, PRB 104, 235112 (2021)

With my best regards

Jaroslav Hamrle

--
Mgr. Jaroslav Hamrle, Ph.D.