Soutěž o nejlepší prezentaci disertační práce v rámci Coimbra Group

Milada Menšíková mensikova na dekanat.mff.cuni.cz
Úterý Únor 13 20:50:37 CET 2018

Vážení,

dovolujeme si Vám postoupit níže a v příloze nabídku na možnost účasti
PhD studentů v soutěži o nejlepší 3 minutovou prezentaci disertační
práce v rámci Coimbra Group.

Případné *prezentace zašlete do 18. března na:
**katerina.brzokoupilova na ruk.cuni.cz (prosí přes www.uschovna.cz)*, poté
RUK vybere nejlepší prezentaci a odešle v termínu na Coimbra Group do
Bruselu.

S pozdravem a přáním hezkého dne

Milada Menšíková
--
Mgr. Milada Menšíková
Oddělení pro vědu a zahraniční styky

Begin forwarded message:

*Cc: *Ludovic THILLY <ludovic.thilly na univ-poitiers.fr
<mailto:ludovic.thilly na univ-poitiers.fr>>, Inge Knudsen
<knudsen na coimbra-group.eu <mailto:knudsen na coimbra-group.eu>>, Cristina
Tanase <tanase na coimbra-group.eu <mailto:tanase na coimbra-group.eu>>

Dear CG member,

Just a reminder to let you know that it is still possible to take part
in the 2^nd CG 3MT competition.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience to let me know about your
institution’s participation.*At the bottom of this email is a list of CG
Universities that have already confirmed their participation.*

This email and attached document provide the*technical guidelines*and
procedures. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any queries.

With best wishes,

Anna

*Video submission to the CG Office:*

·Please send the file to me. If you have a link to YouTube you may send
that too, but I would still need the actual file.*Deadline: 30 March.*

·Please provide the name, surname and email address of your candidate
when submitting the video.

*The timeline is as follows:*

  * Participating CG member universities are expected to submit a video
    of the winner of their own institutional competition*by 30 March
    2018 at the latest*
  * The Doctoral Studies WG will have time until*15 April*to vote for
    the top three entries*.*For those CG universities who do not have a
    representative in the Doctoral Studies WG, the CG Representative
    will have the right to vote.
  * The three shortlisted candidates will be announced on*16 April 2018*
  * The three shortlisted candidates will compete at the live final
    during the CG General Assembly in Salamanca on*Friday,**1 June*

*Rules for the Coimbra Group 3 Minute Thesis Competition*

The University of Queensland Rules for video submission are as follows.
These rules are also available
athttps://threeminutethesis.uq.edu.au/resources/competition-rules, and
apply to the Coimbra Group competition.

1. Presentations are limited to 3 minutes and competitors exceeding 3
minutes are disqualified.

2. A single static slide is permitted (no slide transitions, animations
or 'movement' of any description). This can be visible continuously, or
‘cut to’ (as many times as you like) for a maximum of 1 minute.

3. The video can be filmed from a live 3MT event or a specific set, but
must have only one camera angle filmed from a static position. Zoom in
and out from the static position is acceptable.

4. The 3 minute audio must be continuous – no edits, breaks etc.

5. No additional props (e.g. costumes, musical instruments, laboratory
equipment, animated backgrounds) are permitted.

6. Presentations are to be spoken word (e.g. no poems, raps or songs).

7. Presentations are considered to have commenced when a presenter
starts their presentation through movement or speech (timing does not
include the student's title slide).

8. No additional electronic media (e.g. sound and video files) are
permitted within the video recording.

9. The decision of the adjudicating panel is final.

*The Coimbra Group 3 Minute Thesis Competition has the additional rule:
The video must be filmed at the institutional live 3MT event, and not be
a “studio” recording.*

*_PLEASE NOTE:_*

  * By accepting to participate in the CG 3MT competition,*contestants
    agree to have the video of their presentation being publicly
    available on the CG website*
  * Universities should not submit the same person for more than one
    year’s 3MT competition

  * Please do not forget to use the*Coimbra Group logo*(attached) when
    running your competition
  * For those universities who are new to the 3MT: we have the
    permission to use the*3MT trademark*as the Coimbra Group network.
    However,*we recommend that each university submits their own request
    for permission*by filling in the form which is available via this
    link:http://threeminutethesis.org/brand-guidelines. It only takes a
    couple of minutes to fill in and is free of charge.

*List of CG Universities participating in the 2018 CG 3MT competition:*

Aarhus

Bologna

Budapest

Durham