[OGAP-l] Řada workshopů/Series of workshops: 4EU+ Open Science Workshops: Registration is Now Open!

Ivana Herglová herglova na dekanat.mff.cuni.cz
Středa Říjen 20 20:08:14 CEST 2021

Vážené kolegyně,

Vážení kolegové,
/Dear colleagues,/

v rámci univerzitní aliance 4 EU+ bude v následujících měsících nabízena
řada online workshopů na téma Open Science / Otevřená věda.
/in the upcoming months, a series of online workshops to the topic of
the Open Science will be offered by the university alliance 4 EU+. /

Níže naleznete kalendárium jednotlivých workshopů s linkem pro přihlášku.
/Below you will find the calendar of the offered workshops and links to
the application./

Detaily jednotlivých workshopů jsou k dispozici zde:

/Details of the individual workshops are available here:/

_https://4euplus.eu/4EU-273.html_

S pozdravem,
/Best regards,/

Ivana Herglová

-----

*
**WHAT IS OPEN SCIENCE?*-*8. 11. 2021, 15:00-16:30*

/The lecture would like to invite you to participate in the current
discussion about open science in its different facets by providing a
broad overview
- from open access over the FAIR data principles and citizen science to
the European Open Science Cloud./

*Registration Form:*sign up <https://forms.gle/6VTGE9DVNfNmNUKX9>

*
*

*
CYCLE OF SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATION: AN OVERVIEW**- 15. 11. 2021, 12:30-14:00*

/This training session will give you an overview of the academic
publication cycle and scholarly communication:
journal choice, editorial process, peer-reviewing, acceptance of the
article and contract signing./

*Registration Form:*sign up <https://forms.gle/mP678QWf8b6rw1T19>

*WHAT ARE MY FUNDERS REQUIREMENTS ON OPEN SCIENCE?**- 29. 11. 2021,
14:00-15:30*

/This online course presents the funders requirements for open science
and explores the Creative Commons licenses.
Also, it will be a reminder about open access options for your article
and the tools which will help you to choose the best way to publish in
open access./

*Registration Form:*sign up <https://forms.gle/792iZEJsB3yyHHx57>

*
STRATEGIES FOR PUBLISHING IN OPEN ACCESS JOURNALS***- *13. 12. 2021,
11:00-12:30*
/The presentation aims to cover what researcher have to know and what
they have to be aware of when they publish in open access:
money issues (what are APC and how to have them founded), which
publisher is (not) the right choice, main open access pathways (green
and diamond)./

*Registration Form:*sign up <https://forms.gle/PLLqq7LCLu6iKN7QA>

*DATA MANAGEMENT PLANS - ONE TOOL WITH MANY APPLICATIONS**- 10. 1. 2022,
10:00-11:30*/
In this session, we will introduce the typical components of Data
Management Plans and discuss how the plan can be used actively
throughout a research project.
It will be targeted towards Ph.D. students, but it will also be relevant
for anyone working with research data./

*Registration Form:*sign up <https://forms.gle/cVqzTs4dpQUU7m9B7>

*PREDATORY PUBLISHERS AND IDENTITY FRAUD**- 27. 1. 2022, 15:00-16:30*
/In our presentation, we will talk first about the phenomenon of
predatory publishers; we will present the characteristics of their
dishonest
and often illegal business model and show some schemes of recognizing
and avoiding publishing at predators.
Then, we will discuss a new emerging challenge for scholarly publishing
that is the identity fraud of scientific journals: hijacked journals. /

*Registration Form:*sign up <https://forms.gle/sy9m3KfUGbW9BcDS9>

*MONOGRAPHS IN HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES*-*7. 2. 2022, 10:00-11:30*
/Through this online course, you will learn about the publishing process
for academic books in Humanities and Social Sciences, //
//from the planning of your publication strategy to the choice of
publisher, the selection of the license, and peer-review./

*Registration Form:*sign up <https://forms.gle/wrpLhW59ttruDGTs9>

*RESEARCH DATA MANAGEMENT - FAIR AND OPEN DATA**- 7. 3. 2022, 15:00-16:30*
/Collecting, processing and analyzing data are central activities for
virtually every researcher and topics such as data sharing and the
so-called FAIR data principles are becoming increasingly important. ////
//This course is meant to give a general, discipline-independent
introduction to research data management with a special focus on
questions related to data publication and open data./

*Registration Form:*sign up <https://forms.gle/ouX4bp9ow9UJ7zHc7>

*OPEN RESEARCH SOFTWARE*- *21. 3. 2022*, /exact time will be announced
later/

/Description will be available later./
*Registration Form:*sign up <https://forms.gle/WNS3zdaT11i3XrmX8>

*MANAGE YOUR RIGHTS!**- 4. 4. 2022, 12:30-14:00*/[provisional time]//
//[Provisional abstract]//Overview of common juridical aspect of
copyright in European countries (intellectual property of publications
and copyright agreement contracted with publishers
– copyright transfer agreement and license to publish; CC licences)/

*Registration Form:*sign up <https://forms.gle/coaxxQLrKFi3H2gH9>

*FAIR DATA IN HUMANITIES: HOW TO MANAGE YOUR DATA?****- 9. 5.
2022, 11:00-12:30*/[provisional time]
[Provisional abstract] The humanities today use digital tools for their
research projects. This training is an opportunity to review research
data and FAIR principles in humanities projects.
In this session, we will provide an introduction to the research data
life cycle, and then discuss how the digital humanities produce and must
manage research data. /

*Registration Form:*sign up <https://forms.gle/wueV5HSrrBjxay6p8>

*CITIZEN SCIENCE: PRODUCING DATA WITH PEOPLE FOR INNOVATING RESEARCH**-
6. 6. 2022, 15:00-16:30*/[provisional time]/
/Most people are able to produce high value data using their observation
capacities and following guidelines, and willing to do so provided that
it makes sense and that they learn from their participation. Moreover,
these data may be enriched by each contributor's local knowledge,
intention, interpretation, leading to unique data that cannot be
produced by other means. Data sharing among participants may further
improve data quality (e.g., organized quality control) and develop sense
of belonging, a strong motivation for participation. Designing citizen
science in such way open avenues for innovative research, particularly
in the context of the socio-ecological transition we are facing./

*Registration Form:*sign up <https://forms.gle/ngiMd67ztSteFVhN9>

*RESEARCH INTEGRITY AND OPEN SCIENCE: IS SOUND SCIENCE OPEN SCIENCE?**-
20. 6. 2022, 10:00-11:30*
/How can open science contribute to research integrity? And, conversely,
is research integrity always synonymous with data opening and, more
generally, with transparency?
In our presentation, we will question the close links between scientific
integrity and openness in research./

*Registration Form:*sign up <https://forms.gle/HouDq9BCyGGuvRhk7>

*RESEARCH IMPACT & BIBLIOMETRICS: OPEN SCIENCE, SOCIETY, INNOVATION*-*4.
7. 2022, 10:00-11:30*
/Regarding the growing number of policies to promote open science, it is
necessary to discuss its impact on scientific communities and society.
First, we will examine the uses of bibliometrics in relation with open
science. Second, we will consider the societal impact of science./

*Registration Form:*sign up <https://forms.gle/CzeVQbkHzbGMxPwCA>

Registration is now open for all workshops (please note that the first
one will take place on *8th^November 2021*).

----

PhDr. Ivana Herglová, Ph.D.
Oddělení podpory grantů a projektů
Matematicko-fyzikální fakulta Univerzity Karlovy
Ke Karlovu 3, 121 16  Praha 2
tel: 951 551 682
www.mff.cuni.cz <http://www.mff.cuni.cz>